Saturday 28 April 2012

Glamping

Since moving to the UK, I tend to relish in everything that reminds me of the US -  this includes bad reality TV. Being from Orange County, It would be a crime against my nature if I didn't keep up to date on what is the phenomenon surrounding the Real Housewives franchise. Obviously the Real Housewives of Orange County is my pick - the original might I add. Anyway, on Tuesday's episode the women all decide to go camping - housewives style.

The term "glamping" has been thrown around quite a lot on  and I never really took interest in it. I'd usually sigh and roll my eyes but after watching the latest episode I found myself thinking that this is a type of camping I could definitely do. The episode took place at El Capitan Canyon just outside Santa Barbara California. It looked absolutely amazing and It made me really want to go. For those that don't know, here's the gist. You get these cute cabins that have bedrooms, a kitchen, bathroom and running water! On the site they also have this little market where you can order all your food and alcohol. It all gets brought to your camp site where they help you set up your own personal bonfire! You basically don't have to bring a thing with you... it's all there for you! Now I've looked into some of the glamping sites in the UK and picked my favourites:
Holly Farm Holidays
Holly Farm Holidays

Pentre Mawr Country House
Hot tub Safari at Pentre Mawr Country House 

Luxury Cornish Yurts
LuxuryCornish Yurts

Now it may not be California but It's still pretty amazing!


Here's my go to glamping gear.

Love the colour. Perfect for festivals and of course glamping!


This Twelfth St. by Cynthia Vincent weekend tote is great for over night stays.

J Brand The Super Skinny Jeans

Im obsessed with J brand jeans! They're my all time favourite jeans.

What's your take on glamping?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Feel free to email me separately as well.

xxx